FHCA 2021 Annual Conference & Trade Show Event Safety Plan (as of July 20, 2021)
Your safety and well-being are our top priority. Due to the recent uptick in COVID cases, FHCA has updated our Event Safety plan to require all Annual Conference attendees and guests to wear masks while indoors throughout FHCA's designated event areas. This requirement is for both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals, and we appreciate your support of our goal to deliver a safe, comfortable, and stress-free conference experience for everyone. We are partnering with Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel and are following their enhanced safety and rigorous cleanliness protocols in addition to the safety guidelines outlined by the Centers of Disease Control to ensure you participate with confidence. You can read through the Rosen Shingle Creek’s Commitment Plan here. For questions about FHCA's Event Safety Plan, contact the FHCA Event Team.
In addition, we are collaborating with experts to implement best practices aimed at managing of the spread COVID-19 virus. FHCA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus; however, FHCA, under no circumstances, is able to guarantee that you or a guest will not become infected with the virus while at the 2021 Annual Conference & Trade Show. Adherence to the FHCA event policy and guidelines will be continuously monitored and enforced by the association and hotel.
The following are steps we are taking. Please know that these protocols will be updated continuously as the pandemic evolves and local governments and Centers for Disease Control guidelines change. At any time if an event participant becomes ill or presents any symptom related to COVID-19, they are asked to leave the Annual Conference & Trade Show immediately and are encouraged to get a COVID-19 test at the nearest testing facility.
- Masks will be required by event participants, both vaccinated and unvaccinated, while indoors throughout FHCA's designated event areas.
- Masks will be provided for all participants if needed.
- Rosen Shingle Creek guests who are not fully vaccinated are expected to wear face coverings in all indoor public spaces. However, the hotel will not require fully vaccinated guests to wear face coverings while on property.
- FHCA has requested, and the Rosen Shingle Creek has agreed that all hotel banquet staff serving food or are in close proximity of FHCA event participants will be required to wear a mask, fully vaccinated or not.
- FHCA is partnering with LTC vendors to provide sanitation products/services onsite (ex – sanitation mats and UVD robots).
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of all areas throughout the hotel and meeting space.
- Limited event capacity.
- Signage throughout hotel areas to offer reminders of CDC’s guidelines on health and hygiene.
Check-in/Registration & Info Desk
- Minimized touch points by digitizing many of the documents typically included in the Conference registration packets.
- Plastic barriers utilized at check in desks
Event Space (non-Trade Show areas)
- Reduced event space capacity and limit the number of attendees to allow for space for 3 foot physical distancing.
- COE luncheon seating to have 6-7 at each table (instead of the typical 8-10).
- Hotel will have enhanced cleaning in meeting rooms between sessions.
- Audio visual shared equipment will be sanitized between speakers.
- Meeting rooms to have sanitization stations in close proximity.
- Utilize outdoor spaces when available.
Event Space (Trade Show)
- Less booths allowing larger aisles.
- Limited number of vendor reps at each booth.
- Sanitizing of trade show overnight.
- Silent Auction items limited onsite; majority of items provided online and all bidding to be done online.
- Contactless lead retrieval system; will discourage business card swapping.
Conference Participant Affirmation
To support the safety precautions crucial to the health of the long term care community, we are asking all Conference participants to affirm the following before attending:
- I am not currently experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 infection illness (Shortness of Breath; Cough; Fever; Sore Throat; Chills; Headache; Diarrhea; Muscle Pain; Fatigue; Nausea or Vomiting; New Loss of Taste or Smell; Congestion/Runny nose).
- I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days prior to July 25.
(CDC guidelines for international travel for fully vaccinated persons is to be tested within 3-5 days of return, and if test is negative, may return to activities and continue to follow infection control precautions.) (Domestic or International travel for unvaccinated persons is to be tested within 3-5 days of return, and self-quarantine for 7 days with a negative test, or 10 days without a test.)
- To my knowledge, I have not been in close contact with a person who has a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, for 15 minutes or more, at less than 6 ft. distance, within the last 14 days.
- For Long Term Care Administrators and Staff: I am following all CDC recommended guidelines for infection control as required by CMS and Agency for Health Care Administration for Health Care Personnel, and avoiding potential exposure to the best of my ability.
- For Vendors, Partners, Presenters: I am following all CDC recommended guidelines for my vaccination status to the best of my ability.