FHCA 2021 Annual Conference & Trade Show Event Safety Plan
Your safety and well-being are our top priority. This year, we have been working diligently to build on our commitment to deliver a safe, comfortable, and stress-free conference experience. We are partnering with Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel and are following their enhanced safety and rigorous cleanliness protocols in addition to the safety guidelines outlined by the Centers of Disease Control to ensure you participate with confidence. You can read through the Rosen Shingle Creek’s Commitment Plan here. For questions about FHCA's Event Safety Plan, contact the FHCA Event Team.
In addition, we are collaborating with experts to implement best practices aimed at managing of the spread COVID-19 virus. FHCA has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of the COVID-19 virus; however, FHCA, under no circumstances, is able to guarantee that you or a guest will not become infected with the virus while at the 2021 Annual Conference & Trade Show. Adherence to the FHCA event policy and guidelines will be continuously monitored and enforced by the association and hotel.
The following are steps we are taking. Please know that these protocols will be updated continuously as the pandemic evolves and Florida Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control guidelines change.
- Masks will be required in general, public areas of the hotel and conference space.
- Masks will be required by attendees in event space but may be taken off when eating/drinking in designated areas.
- Masks will be provided for all participants if needed.
- Masks and other PPE will be worn by hotel and association staff.
- FHCA is partnering with LTC vendors to provide sanitation products/services onsite (ex – sanitation mats and UVD robots).
- Routine cleaning and sanitizing of all areas throughout the hotel and meeting space.
- Limited event capacity.
- Signage throughout hotel areas to offer reminders of CDC’s guidelines on health and hygiene.
Check-in/Registration & Info Desk
- Minimized touch points by digitizing many of the documents typically included in the Conference registration packets.
- Plastic barriers utilized at check in desks.
- Signage and floor markings to indicate where attendees should stand when in a registration desk or other Conference queue.
- Circle of Excellence Luncheon table selection provided online.
- Digital Fun Night RSVP system to avoid lines.
Event Space (non-Trade Show areas)
- Reduced event space capacity and limit the number of attendees to allow for space for physical distancing.
- Tables will not be used to eliminate classroom touchpoints.
- When space permits, directional signage will designate entry and exit into rooms to manage flow.
- COE luncheon seating to have 4-5 at each table.
- Hotel will have enhanced cleaning in meeting rooms between sessions.
- Audio visual shared equipment will be sanitized between speakers.
- All rooms and events to have sanitization stations.
- Utilize outdoor spaces when available (especially receptions).
- Distanced seating within general/mega sessions.
Event Space (Trade Show)
- Less booths allowing larger aisles.
- Full draping between booth (typically only halfway up on sides).
- Limited number of vendor reps at each booth.
- Sanitizing of trade show overnight.
- Silent Auction items limited onsite; majority of items provided online and all bidding to be done online.
- Designate entry and exit points to manage flow.
- Contactless lead retrieval system; will discourage business card swapping.
- In the pre-function area, provide a distanced internet lounge/Wi-Fi access.
- Grab-n-go and/or individually packaged/served food for all events.
- Display stations only (no passed reception items).
- Hotel attendants will serve buffets and plexiglass barriers to be used.
Conference Participant Affirmation
All Conference participants will affirm the following before attending:
* I am not experiencing any symptom of illness such as cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, or new loss of taste or smell.
* I have not traveled internationally within the last 14 days prior to July 25.
* I have not traveled to a highly impacted area within the United States of America in the last 14 days prior to July 25.
* I do not believe I have been recently exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
* I have not been diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19 and not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities.
* I am following all CDC recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting my exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.